SLA PowerBox - On Time Service Delivery plugin extends the range of JIRA custom fields. Custom fields are optional in JIRA and are divided into two groups: standard and advanced. The SLA Metric field is an advanced custom field.
Adding SLA Metric using the Add Custom Field button
- Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission.
Choose > Issues. Select Fields > Custom Fields to open the Custom Fields page.
Tip: Use a Keyboard shortcut: g + g + start typing custom fields
- Click the Add Custom Field button. Standard type fields are displayed in the dialog by default. Click the Advanced option in the navigation bar located on the left side of the dialog and search for SLA Metric.
- Select SLA Metric by clicking on it and confirm your choice with the Next button.
- Configure your field by adding Name and optionally a Description.
Tip: The field's Name will appear as the custom field's title in both entering and retrieving information on issues. The field's Description is displayed beneath the data entry field when entering new issues and editing existing issues, but not when browsing issues.
- Confirm the field's creation by clicking the Create button.
- After that you will be redirected to Screens tab where you will be asked to associate your newly created SLA Metric field with an appropriate screen on which you want it to be displayed.
Now you can find your SLA Metric field listed in Fields > Custom Fields.